Full Stack Developer
We are seeking a talented Full Stack Ruby on Rails Developer for the Occasion team for web and API development, who has a passion for programming, possesses a good understanding of agile practices, and has a desire to join a great team working in a fast-paced environment to deliver first-class software.
We also require good collaboration skills (especially remotely), and experience working with product owners/champions, designers, and developers.
- Work in a fast-paced collaborative and agile environment, following agile methodologies
- Have extensive knowledge of the entire technology stack, and the ability to operate as a Full Stack developer
- Write clean, readable, maintainable, reusable, reliable, and efficient Ruby code; Design and implement robust, scalable and secure solutions
- Contribute in all phases of the development process – architecture, design and development, user experience development, documentation, unit testing, delivery and maintenance
- Monitoring and troubleshooting performance of the system as necessary
- 3-years+ full-time experience in Ruby on Rails development
- 3-years+ experience in Agile development
- 1 year or more experience as a team lead working with other developers
- Good and up to date understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Experience with continuous integration and testing
- Proven working experience developing applications using modern, open source web frameworks and tools
- Experience with Git and a Pull Request code review process via Github
Benefits and Perks:
- Company paid individual medical insurance coverage
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Working at Occasion is not just a job. It’s a Career Game-Changer.
Occasion is a booking platform designed to scale customer acquisition across digital channels and all devices while providing a seamless user experience. We provide a simple but powerful tool for business owners to grow their business and connect with customers.
Our culture is collaborative around ideas but focused around execution. You will learn how to work in a young company with real customers and real growth opportunities. You will learn how different areas of a business are managed. We’re a hotbed of career ingenuity and we’re not afraid to admit it. Are you up for the challenge?
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Development jobs are posted for our Chicago, IL office.