Social Media Internship
September 12th - December 7th
Mondays & Wednesdays, 15 hrs/week
Do you have what it takes to be a social media manager? We have one spot for a talented, creative and passionate person! Read the description below for more information!
Our culture is collaborative around ideas but focused on execution. You will learn how to work in a young company with real customers and real growth opportunities. You will learn how different areas of a business are managed.
Our 12-week internship program will not only develop your voice, but will guide you through necessary and creative projects in social media marketing.
- Coordinates online marketing and advertising campaigns
- Collaborates with internal departments on projects and assignments
- Demonstrates interest in social media
- Showcases how media and communication strategies can continuously engage the online community
- Leverages social media news across channels
- Fosters managed teammate participation in the company’s social media channels
- Daily monitoring, posting, content (both written + visual) creation + development
- Helps create and develop other social media channels, including blogging, video, and photo
- Helps to identify new opportunities for engagement with like-minded properties and companies
- Social marketing experience required, along with demonstrated track record of successful campaigns
- Excellent editorial skills and proven experience writing for external corporate
- Create and execute innovative social media campaigns with less resource and within short time frames
- Thought leadership in the social media space, trends and engagement strategies
- Ability to drive and develop relationships with guests and key online influencers
- Demonstrated ability to engage new audiences and build online communities
- Excellent writing, editing and copyediting skills
- Self-starter who can thrive and have fun in a hectic, start-up environment
- A sense of humor and an irreverent, smart and creative copy-style
- Ability to own projects and assume responsibility without hand-holding
- Ability to juggle many highly-visible issues and respond quickly – with sound judgment
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time
Working at Occasion is not just a job. It’s a Career Game-Changer.
Occasion is a booking platform designed to scale customer acquisition across digital channels and all devices while providing a seamless user experience. We provide a simple but powerful tool for business owners to grow their business and connect with customers.
Our culture is collaborative around ideas but focused on execution. You will learn how to work in a young company with real customers and real growth opportunities. You will learn how different areas of a business are managed. We’re a hotbed of career ingenuity and we’re not afraid to admit it. Are you up for the challenge?
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Marketing jobs are posted for our Chicago, IL office.