Social Media Internship
June 1st - September 1st
We’re searching for a talented, creative, and passionate person to be our next Social Media Intern. Interested in joining a fun yet fast-paced start up as a Social Media Intern? This is a part time position and school credit is available if needed. Read below for more information!
Interning at Occasion, is a Career Game-Changer
Occasion is a booking platform designed to scale customer acquisition across digital channels and all devices while providing a seamless user experience. According to Chicago Tribune, “Occasion, a Chicago startup launched in 2013, has raised $1.25 million to add features to its appointment calendar software” We provide a simple but powerful tool for business owners to grow their business and connect with customers.
Our culture is collaborative around ideas but focused around execution. You will learn how to work in a young company with real customers and real growth opportunities. You will learn how different areas of a business are managed. Our 10-week internship program will not only develop your voice, but will guide you through necessary and creative projects in social media marketing. We’re a hotbed of career ingenuity and we’re not afraid to admit it. Are you up for the challenge?
- Coordinates online marketing, advertising, and social media campaigns
- Collaborates with internal departments on projects and assignments
- Demonstrates interest in social media
- Showcases how media and communication strategies can continuously engage the online community
- Leverages social media news across channels
- Fosters managed teammate participation in the company’s social media channels
- Daily monitoring, posting, content (both written + visual) creation + development
- Helps create and develop other social media channels, including blogging, video, and photo
- Helps to identify new opportunities for engagement with like-minded properties and companies
- Social marketing experience required, along with demonstrated track record of successful campaigns
- Excellent editorial skills and proven experience writing for external corporate
- Create and execute innovative social media campaigns with less resource and within short time frames
- Thought leadership in the social media space, trends and engagement strategies
- Ability to drive and develop relationships with guests and key online influencers
- Demonstrated ability to engage new audiences and build online communities
- Excellent writing, editing and copyediting skills
- Self-starter who can thrive and have fun in a hectic, start-up environment
- A sense of humor and an irreverent, smart and creative copy-style
- Ability to contribute individually and as a team
- Ability to juggle many highly-visible issues and respond quickly – with sound judgment
- Understanding of the internet and social media channels- Facebook, YouTube, Instagram etc.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Marketing jobs are posted for our Chicago, IL office.